Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Target Market Strategy

For its ThisIsLife.com their is a wide variety of who is involved in the target market because everyone has a life story and like the book says on printed page 9 "The company must first decide who it will serve. It does this by dividing the market into segments of customers (market segmentation) and selecting which segments it will go after. To be exact on who would be in the category of target market it would have to be the elderly. Even though a lot of the elderly isn't computer savvy as the young generation I still have faith they will find a way to be able to do this. I would say the depressed is a target audience but that would be wrong to say, I can only hope that people are sad come to my site to channel their emotions. Now because its hard to truly go after everyone it will be a challenge, and like the book says on printed page 9 "By trying to serve all customers, they may not serve any customers well. Instead, the company wants to select only customers that it can serve well and profitably." I will make it my mission to make sure everyone wants to be on my site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment