Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Week Five EOC: Super Bowl Commercial

The super bowl commercial I have chosen to talk about is the advertisement from the doritos commercial. Its date night and the boyfriend shows up to his girlfriends house to pick her up. She isnt ready yet and tells him to sit down and relax till shes done, as she walks away he gives her a quick look at her body. He goes to sit down next to his dates son; he is probably around the age of three. The boy is very protective of his mom and when the boyfriend trys to grab one of the kids doritos, the boy slaps him and says "put it back, rule one keep your hands off my mama, and rule two keep your hands off my doritos". The textbook states about from the chapter one "The marketing concept states that to be successful, a company must provide greater customer value and satisfaction than its competitors do. Thus, marketers must do more than simply adapt to the needs of target consumers." This advertisement is great because every kid that grew up with a single mom can really relate to this. It is very natural for the boy to be very protective of his mom, its even better when he lays down the law for his doritos. No kid is ever comfortable for a new man or woman to walk into the house and act like he already lives their. I can say when I saw this i could relate very much so, when i was little I found it very weird when my dad would start dating again and just seeing them would make me feel uncomfortable. Society teaches you that marriages are perfect and this commercial breaks that barrier and shows the side of the little boy. This is my favorite advertisement from the super bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment